Friday, August 26, 2016

Inservice Reflection and Goals

Let me start by saying this week has transformed my attitude and perspective.  Last semester I would describe my attitude as exhausted.  Curriculum Camp and summer I was lost, confused and frustrated. I felt like I know longer knew what I did and what I had done for years was not valued any longer.  I just couldn't see the big picture.  I came back on Monday with the attitude of giving this one more year and then reevaluating my career choices.

The things we received this week though have made things finally start to click.  I finally found my course in the Grad Proficiencies.  The continuum document provided me with clarity of what I do actually teach and a guide by which to start writing learning scales.  Tuesday the clouds parted and I could see a clear path to what I do, how to do it and what the end looks like.  I was excited to get going with a clear path no longer feeling like a flapping fish on a river bank.  I'm swimming up stream.  Lookout spawning grounds!

As evidence I'd like to share here a document that I started this week laying out the work of WH1 - its just the first unit - but a template that I hope to have completed by the end of the year.  It lays out the targets for each unit, and the continuum language I can share with students.  Using this language I can build the different grain size scales for each assessment.

WH1 Grad Profs and Scales

And finally here is a link to my goals.
Trevor Goals 2017

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome outcomes. I'm glad the clouds parted for you and that you are feeling much better about things. I love the fish metaphor.

    ReplyDelete