Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My Draft Targets 10/19/16

World History One:

Targets

Thinking And Problem Solving
     Questioning Students pose questions to clarify and expand information
Organization of Information: Students can break down complex information by Topic, Main Idea and Details
    Selection of Evidence : Claim and Evidence
Global Citizenship:
Pivotal Events
Will be including others as rewrite the curriculum. Basically, whereas the course used to follow one theme, this year I am adapting it so that each unit focuses on a different EU in the Global Citizenship Profs. So, will hit Geography, Types of Government, Economics targets but they are being developed.

Communication:
Compose Synthesis  of Information
Express: Presentation
A question about these: I chose to use the scales as written in the MRG's. But, should I be using the targets in the Common Core Language instead?

Scholarly Habits
Focus
Reflection: There isn't really one in the scholarly habits - would like to find a universal scale for this - but I have one I created.

I've been organizing my scales and scoring rubrics on a google doc for each unit. So you should be able to find the corresponding scales and a unit level scoring rubric for each target on this link. Unit 1 Scales and Rubrics

I will have all of these scales available for P/T conference and thus can pick whichever one is most applicable to the individual student.  

2 comments:

  1. HI, thanks for posting all this information. Did you end up using any of your scales during PT conferences? How did that go.
    I'm wondering if your department has begun talking about aligning targets vertically and horizontally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, thanks for posting all this information. Did you end up using any of your scales during PT conferences? How did that go.
    I'm wondering if your department has begun talking about aligning targets vertically and horizontally?

    ReplyDelete